BookNook helps schools and organizations provide powerful in-person reading instruction. We offer easy-to-use tools that can be used by educators, caring adults, and near peers to get great results.
We are focused on supporting children and families in traditionally disenfranchised communities. Our founding team comes almost entirely from schools, nonprofits, social-good technology, and government.
Designed by Educators
We believe that the best programs are designed by people who have their roots in the classroom. Both our instructional strategy and our curriculum come from experienced educators who have seen first hand what works best for students.
Based on Research
Our approach is grounded in multiple rigorous studies and we have assembled a team of nationally recognized experts who are both practitioners and researchers. We believe in scaling what works for students and that technology is a great way to put proven instructional methods in the hands of more and more people.
At a Glance
- Developed by world-class reading experts
- Works with individual students or up to groups of four
- Standards-based curriculum for 1st to 5th graders
- Cloud-based platform for Chromebooks & Tablets
- Adaptive learning plans support students at their reading level
- Student reporting with real-time, actionable data
- Significant cost savings compared to alternative reading interventions